As a pet parent, you may be wondering if you can shower your dog at Petco. The answer is yes!
Petco offers a self-service dog wash station where you can wash your pup for just $10. All you need is a dog shampoo, which you can purchase at the store, and a towel to dry them off.
Here’s how it works:
- Check in at the front desk and let them know you’re using the self-service dog wash station.
- Take your pup to the designated area and put on the provided apron.
- Get started by wetting your dog down with the provided hose. Be sure to avoid getting water in their eyes, nose or ears.
- Apply shampoo and work it into their coat. You may need to use your fingers to massage it in and make sure it’s evenly distributed.
- Rinse thoroughly. Be sure to get all the soap out of their fur.
You don’t want any residue left behind, as it can be irritating to their skin.
- Dry off your pup. Use the provided towel to rub them down, or you can bring your own. If you use your own, be sure it’s absorbent so they don’t end up wetter than when you started!
- Check out. Let the front desk know you’re all finished and they’ll give you a doggy treat for your pup.